Friday, February 4, 2011

It Snowed...a lot

As I'm sure everyone is aware, Chicago got it's 3rd biggest snowstorm this past week. And from my perspective...scariest storm of my life! Now I wasn't stuck on Lakeshore, like these poor people

But I was in my apartment on the 29th floor, trying to watch The Biggest Loser (+6lbs Black/Orange Team, seriously??) but it started thundering and lightening and scaring the crap out of me. I've never thought my windows would blow out until that night. I'm right off the lake, so winds were said to be up to 70mph, hello, scary! I'm trying to find a clip of Jim Cantore's (picture below....*Warning, something is wrong with me apparently*) reaction to the thundersnow, here's a link: http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/02/jim-cantore-thundersnow-blizzard-freakout-video/

So yeah, here's a couple pics of the aftermath


Apparently I really want to give you a hug 


So yeah, the whole thing was pretty wild, but kinda cool that I was still living downtown to be right in the action. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment