Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter Blues

First off, I really need to be more consistent about writing on here. Silly me thought the blogs would write themselves, but apparently I have to do it...weird, huh? :)

I hate complaining, so I'm going to start off with 5 things I'm thankful for today. I usually play this game with my fiance, and yeah he thinks it's dumb so bear with me....

1. That at this exact moment Sphynx is curled up between my typing arms trying to cuddle
2. That I get to see family this weekend (under not so good circumstances, but seeing them is always nice)
3. That the girl who made my coffee this morning made sure I ordered a medium, then gave me a large, just cuz she's nice like that
4. That I had an awesome lunch at The Gage. Their salmon is amazing
5. That my brother and sister-in-law are excited to come help us move

Still here? Ok, good.

I will be heading home this weekend for my grandma's funeral. Like I said, not so great circumstances, but it's always nice to be around family. My grandma has been sick for a while, which I guess makes things a little more manageble (if that's even the right word) So we will be saying our final goodbyes and spending some quality time with family.

Not sure what it's been, but I'm just feeling the winter blues. I never in a million years thought I would miss summer (fat reasons, go figure), but I actually do! What I miss the most is the running. So because I'm in a list mood, I'm going to list what I miss about running:

1. I didn't have to have this huge battle about getting my butt to the gym, in other words, no guilt.
2. I miss the path I ran on:
3. I miss the sense of purpose it gave me. Like when I saw tourists or families strolling along, I felt like an athelete out there training
4. I miss getting revved up for my runs, which 9x's out of 10 involved an Eminem song
5. I miss how incredibly awesome I felt!

So... I'm definitely looking into what races I can set up for this year. Will definitely keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment